Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!


John bought me a Dolphin Adventure for my birthday and exactly two months later….I was able to do it!

See, my birthday is in February and we weren’t going to be in Florida until April.

The start of the day had a few bumps in the road. They didn’t have me on the schedule but luckily John had his confirmation number so they added me anyway. First I had to sit through a “class” and was worried that it would be too kid oriented but it was very interesting and I really did learn some things. Next, its time to put on a wetsuit and get in the tank with the dolphins. My dolphin’s name was Sandy. The trainer had Sandy do a few tricks and then had her swim over to us and we got to see her up close and “pet” her. We got to see first hand some of the things we learned in class; such as where her ears are, the markings on her tail and how to tell that she is a female. Then we each get to take a ride with her. You swim out to the deeper portion of the tank, tread water while holding your left arm out flat on top of the water and then as she swims by you grab a hold. I was hoping that I would be able to hang on! I must admit that being in this tank full of “blue” water made me lose track of the fact that I was actually in salt water (rather than chlorinated water) until I got going with her and got a mouth full of it. BLEH! The ride with Sandy ends but you stay out and tread water a little longer for her to perform a trick with you. Mine was being the conductor while she “sang” a song.

This was a great experience; I loved it!


Thanks John!!



No comments: